[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Diary cyclic day pages

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Diary cyclic day pages
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:33:13 -0500

Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:

> To get cyclical *schedule* items, you can set this variable to
> 'future:
>
> ,----[ C-h v planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-behaviour RET ]
> | planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-behaviour is a variable defined in
> | `planner-appt.el'.  Its value is today
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Determines the behaviour of cyclical schedule insertion.
> | Used after `planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-insinuate' has been called.
> | 'today means only add cylical schedule entries for today
> | 'future means add cyclical entries for all future day pages visited.

What's the trick to get planner-appt items into the
planner-appt-schedule-section in the first place?

I have the following in my .emacs:

   (planner-appt-use-tasks-and-schedule)
   (planner-appt-insinuate)
   (setq planner-appt-sort-schedule-on-update-flag t)
   (planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-insinuate)
   (setq planner-appt-update-appts-on-save-flag t)
   (planner-appt-calendar-insinuate)
   (setq planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-behaviour 'future)

But planner-appt-schedule-section never gets updated.  I have a
planner-appt-schedule-section, and it's defined as:

  planner-appt-schedule-section's value is "Schedule"

but at the top of every day page I always end up with:

   * Schedule

   * Tasks

   [whole bunch of tasks, many which are appointments]
   .
   .
   .

Any ideas?