Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] swish-e

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] swish-e
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:24:52 -0500

ecocode <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I've read that swish-e can be used to index planner files. That sounds
> ok to me , but I'd like to know if there's a module for querying the
> swish-e index-file with planner . Something like planner-search-swish-e.
> Does this exist ? Otherwise , how do you use swish-e with planner ?

Did you read this on the plannerlove.com wiki? I posted my swish-e setup there.

I do have a function to query the index, but it's real basic atm.

I do have plans to make this better. All this does is give me the basic
information about which files match.

(defvar wjs/planner-search-command
  "/usr/bin/swish-e"
  "Command used to search Planner pages.")

(defvar wjs/planner-search-index-file
  "/home/johnsu01/indexfiles/planner.index"
  "Index used to search Planner pages.")

(defun wjs/planner-search (query)
  "Search planner pages for QUERY."
  (interactive "sSearch query: ")
  (let ((command
         (format "%s -f %s -w %s"
                 wjs/planner-search-command
                 wjs/planner-search-index-file
                 query)))
    (switch-to-buffer
     (get-buffer-create "*Planner Search Results*"))
    (shell-command command (current-buffer))))

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net