[emacs-wiki-discuss] Importance of taskid in Planner multi-page task mai

From: Tom Burbage
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Importance of taskid in Planner multi-page task maintenance
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:59:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to reliably manage
"plans" across multiple sites. I have
emacs/muse/planner setups at home and at work, and
sometimes also work at home via VPN. Basically, I'm
just transporting stuff back and forth physically
using a USB flash stick.

I use planner-id and planner-multi.

The rub is that I realize that if I don't religiously
sync .planner-id from the two sites, I will end up
with tasks with duplicate task ids. I've pretty much
concluded that this is inevitable -- either by
forgetting to sync between the flash card and the
working site, or by simply forgetting to take the card
out at the end of the work day.

So the real question is:

How important is the task id to planner in keeping
tasks in sync where the task record exists on a day
and sometimes multiple plan pages? Not using task ids
would make my planner use more "portable" -- but what
I be hurting the ability of planner to reliably do:

planner-copy-or-move-task
planner-replan-task
planner-edit-task-description