[emacs-wiki-discuss] WikiWord-style links and .muse file extension handl

From: Tom Burbage
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] WikiWord-style links and .muse file extension handling
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:33:53 -0800 (PST)

Michael,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to have
implicit recognition of files with .muse extension in
muse and planner document links. Meaning, if I have a
task record:

#A   _ Try to figure out how to keep home<->work plans
in sync {{Tasks:171}} ([[2006.01.20]] [[TaskPool]]
[[Work]])

it could LOOK like that, but actually refer to files
with .muse extension. I guess for backward
compatibility, when resolving links, it could first
try to resolve explicitly (i.e. look for "TaskPool"),
but if that didn't resolve, then try "TaskPool.muse"
before failing.

I really like have the extension-less WikiWord-style
link text, especially for plan pages -- most
especially planner day pages, but in general have
otherwise added .muse extension to all my other source
documents.

I'm using the methodology:

(setq muse-project-alist (quote (("MusePlans"
("~/docs/plans" :default "TaskPool" :major-mode
planner-mode) nil) ("Journals" ("~/docs/journals"
:default "general.muse")))))

(planner-option-customized 'planner-directory
"~/docs/plans")
(planner-option-customized 'planner-default-page
"TaskPool")
(planner-option-customized 'planner-project
"MusePlans")
(planner-option-customized 'planner-use-day-pages t)
(planner-option-customized 'planner-use-plan-pages t)
(setq muse-file-extension nil)
(setq muse-mode-auto-p t)
(add-hook 'find-file-hooks 'muse-mode-maybe)

currently to mostly use .muse, but still have
.muse-less planner pages work.

-Tom

Tom Burbage
Redwood City, CA