[emacs-wiki-discuss] link abbreviation for planner-multi

From: Marco Gidde
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] link abbreviation for planner-multi
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 23:21:10 +0100

Hi all,

recently I started using planner-multi-copy-tasks-to-page to have all
tasks on one page. The idea of setting this variable to something like
[[TaskPool][P]], i.e. using a short abbreviation for the obvious,
fascinated me, but the abbreviation (or any other descriptive text for
the link) silently vanished after planner-replan-task. Since I could
not find a designated solution for this, I wrote my own and since it
is not only short but also useful, I'd like to present it to the
planner community:

(defvar mg/planner-link-abbrevs '(("TaskPool" . "P")
                                  ("NextSteps" . "N")))

(defadvice muse-make-link (before mg/planner activate)
  (unless (ad-get-arg 1)
    (ad-set-arg 1 (cdr (assoc (ad-get-arg 0) mg/planner-link-abbrevs)))))

The alist contains all intended abbreviations (or aliases) and the
advice sets it, whenever the list of links for a task is newly created
(planner-replan-task, planner-copy-or-move-task etc.)

planner/muse is cool :-)

Regards,

Marco