[emacs-wiki-discuss] Problems with planner-default-page and planner-mult

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Problems with planner-default-page and planner-multi
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 02:07:02 -0500

So, when you use planner-multi, you end up with planner-default-page values
that look like "Page1,Page2,Page3". (I use "," as my planner-multi-separator.)

This is good and sensible default for creating new tasks.

But it's a useless default for things like planner-goto-plan-page.

I'm willing to try and fix this, if someone can push me in the right direction
as far as strategy goes.

I think the best behavior we can hope for here is to take the first page from
the string in cases where a single page is needed for the default, and to
continue to use the whole string in cases where multiple pages make sense.

This isn't just a history or default problem. We shouldn't really be doing the
same kind of read at a prompt that requires a single page as we are at a prompt
where multiple pages could make sense.

Suggestions?

--
-John Sullivan