[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse questions from a complete newbie

From: Salim Qadri
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse questions from a complete newbie
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:05:57 +0000 (UTC)

John Sullivan <john <at> wjsullivan.net> writes:

> Salim Qadri <salimq <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Thanks for taking the time to respond to my newbie question. The problem was
> > exactly as you'd indicated in that I could not figure out how to use the
> > journal-html style. I did the following in my .emacs to allow the journal
> > entries to show as a journal.
> >
> > (require 'muse-journal)
> > (:base "journal-html" :path "/var/www/journal")
> >

> That's not quite right. This (:base "journal-html" :path "/var/www/journal")
> needs to be a part of your muse-project-alist. Do you have a
> muse-project-alist
> in your .emacs? What does it look like?

Hi John,

I did include them as part of the muse-project-alist in my .emacs. I have since
started playing with planner mode (sometimes i get the feeling that all of this
is beyond my abilities). Anyway, my projects still publish ok, but planner mode
muse files do not publish (emacs just sits there). I combined the muse mode and
planner mode muse-project-alist like so. I am guessing there is something else I
am not doing right. Does strikethrough text cause muse to hang? Anyway its not
critical atm. I need to do a lot of playing around with basic planner
functionality before I think of saving projects in a proper readable manner.

Thanks again for your help,
Cheers,
salim

;; Muse
(add-to-list 'load-path "<path to Muse>")

(require 'muse-mode)     ; load authoring mode

(require 'muse-html)     ; load publishing styles I use
(require 'muse-journal)
(require 'muse-latex)
;;(require 'muse-texinfo)
;;(require 'muse-docbook)
(require 'muse-project)

;; Planner
(load "planner")
(setq mark-diary-entries-in-calendar t)

(setq planner-project "WikiPlanner")
(setq muse-project-alist
      '(("WikiPlanner"
         ("~/Plans"           ;; where your Planner pages are located
          :default "TaskPool" ;; use value of `planner-default-page'
          :major-mode planner-mode
          :visit-link planner-visit-link)

         ;; This next part is for specifying where Planner pages
         ;; should be published and what Muse publishing style to
         ;; use.  In this example, we will use the XHTML publishing
         ;; style.

         (:base "planner-xhtml"
                ;; value of `planner-publishing-directory'
                :path "/var/www/Plans"))
        ("website"                      ; my various writings
         ("~/Pages" :default "index")
         (:base "html" :path "/var/www/")
         (:base "journal-html" :path "/var/www/journal"))
        ))

(require 'planner-deadline)
(require 'planner-cyclic)
(setq planner-cyclic-diary-file "~/Plans/.diary.cyclic")
(setq planner-cyclic-diary-nag nil)
(require 'planner-id)