Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] splitting tasks

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] splitting tasks
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:30:13 +0000

thomas knoll <address@hidden> writes: > I had trouble
with tasks splitting and inserting in the middle of > other tasks. But I haven't found a way to intentionally recreate the > problem. The only two things I can think of that might have something > to do with it are: > - I use long-lines-mode a lot That looks like a likely candidate if tasks are long enough to be wrapped: forward-line, which is used in quite a few planner functions, will end up in the middle of a task. If this turns out to be the cause, you could disable wrapping just for task lines. There is a variable called `fill-nobreak-predicate' that you can use to do that. In Emacs 22 it is a list so you could have: (add-to-list
'fill-nobreak-predicate
#'(lambda ()
    (and (eq major-mode 'planner-mode)
         (save-excursion
           (goto-char (planner-line-beginning-position))
(looking-at planner-task-regexp))))) In Emacs < 22, I think it is not a list, and you would have to do something like: (add-hook
'planner-mode-hook
#'(lambda ()
    (set (make-local-variable 'fill-nobreak-predicate)
         #'(lambda ()
             (save-excursion
               (goto-char (planner-line-beginning-position))
               (looking-at planner-task-regexp))))))

[not tested!]

- My tasks are numbering themselves, but I don't have that turned on
in my .emacs (is it default now?)

It shouldn't be: planner-use-task-numbers defaults to nil.

--
Jim Ottaway