Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] viewing appointments

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] viewing appointments
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:37:29 -0700

Phillip Lord <address@hidden> writes:
> This is a bit of an egregious hack that I knocked up at the
> weekend. I've never been satisfied with planners appointment
> views...the problem has been that you only get to see what you are
> doing today, rather than the result of the week coming up. This is
> fine until you find out at the beginning of the day that you are
> supposed to be at a meeting in Manchester and you are in Newcastle.
>

> This should help a bit. It's very poor code at the moment. To work
> well, it needs fiddling with stuff in planner-appt. Anyway, just
> wondered whether anyone else fancied this kind of view.

I know I should just try the code, but would you be willing to paste
in a small example of what it produces?  planner-appt has the
"forthcoming" display already and it sure sounds similar to what you
are describing.

For example, my day page has

* Schedule

 @9:00 | 10:00 | # Breakfast in bed
@11:00 | 12:00 | # Build a sand castle at the beach

* Forthcoming Appointments

Thu [[2006.06.08]] |  19:00 | 21:00 | # Dinner at great cafe

I guess what is missing is tasks that are assigned a day page but not
a time.  Is that what your code adds?

+ seth