emacsweblogs

[Emacsweblogs] Re: Repository moved to Launchpad

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: [Emacsweblogs] Re: Repository moved to Launchpad
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:57:36 +0200

On 2010.03.01 21:28, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

A few weeks ago, the maintainer of Emacsmirror, Jonas Bernoulli,
contacted me about including xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el into the
system.  (Emacsmirror is at http://www.emacsmirror.org/)

Emacsmirror as for me not good place for project hosting for
weblogger as:

 1. In any time http://www.emacsmirror.org can be go down
    as run by individual without community.

Many Emacs packages lose when author's home page goes gown.

To do that, he requested that I split up xml-rpc.el and weblogger.el
into different repositories.  Since I've had more success with Launchpad
than Savannah when it comes to navigation, functionality, and support,
I've moved the bzr repository there.

Public services such as Launchpad, Sourceforge, Google code are
better places for project hosting in case of service availability.
And many developers familiar with their functionality.

I also took the chance to put mediawiki.el (which I also maintain) into
version control so that it could be included in the Emacsmirror.  In the
process, I included the font-lock and convenience functions from
wikipedia-mode.el (which has been relatively untouched for a few years).

In any case you can now get the latest version from EmacsWiki and use
the repository on Launchpad.  The relevant urls:

     http://launchpad.net/xml-rpc-el
     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/xml-rpc.el

     http://launchpad.net/weblogger-el
     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/weblogger.el

     http://launchpad.net/mediawiki-el
     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mediawiki.el

I hope to have the updated versions included in ELPA soon as well.
Nice!

Is there need to place last version of package to emacswiki?

May be better to put these links to

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WebloggerMode