emms-help

[emms-help] extending emms-source-file-exclude-regexp

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: [emms-help] extending emms-source-file-exclude-regexp
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:14:58 +0300

In my .emacs I use the following to define functions for extending the
exclude list in emms-source-file-exclude-regexp:

(defmacro emms-with-exclude-regexp (directory-list &rest body)
  `(let ((emms-source-file-exclude-regexp
          (concat (or ,emms-source-file-exclude-regexp "")
                  "\\|\\("
                  (or (regexp-opt ,directory-list) "")
                  "\\)")))
     ,@body))

I'm not sure if this is generally useful or simply has to do with the
way I store my music.

In any case, is there a nicer way of doing this without permanently
clobbering the contents of emms-source-file-exclude-regexp?

If not, would anyone mind if I installed the above macro in darcs Emms?