emms-help

Re: [emms-help] TagEditor

From: Ye Wenbin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] TagEditor
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:53:11 +0800

I just send my patch to emms repository, which include emms-mp3tag and
emms-mark.
You can have try. add following line in .emacs:
  (require 'emms-mp3tag)
or autoload with:
  (autoload 'emms-mp3tag-edit "emms-mp3tag" "Edit mp3tag" t)
  (define-key emms-playlist-mode-map "E" 'emms-mp3tag-edit)

If you want to mark some track and edit them, you should add:
  (require 'emms-mark)
  (setq emms-track-description-function 'emms-mark-track-description)

Because mark up should add two white space in the beginning of line, so
you need to choose
other description function, instead of setting
emms-track-description-function, you should set
emms-mark-selected-desc-function or you can use M-x
emms-mark-select-desc-function to
change description function in this session.

In *EMMS-TAGS* buffer, you can use <tab> <backtab>, C-c C-n, C-c C-p to
move between tags
and tracks. You can also edit the file name, it will rename the track
file. C-c C-r to change all
track tags to one value. I think this is very convenient.

Maybe this is not actually what emms-tageditor does, the emms-mp3tag only edit the mp3 file and save the tag info to the file by program mp3info. If anyone want
to edit other track, I will implement it.

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 21:19:47 +0800, Daniel Dehennin