emms-help

[emms-help] emms-lastfm-client.el started at last

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: [emms-help] emms-lastfm-client.el started at last
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:31:45 +0200

A while ago we reached an understanding with the Last.fm people about
how to access their new API while preserving the freedoms of the
GPL. Now I've finally started writing the actual code.

You can't play anything with it yet but you can get a session token
(http://www.last.fm/api/desktopauth), which is the end result of their
authentication system and the basis for any and all interactions with
their API.

For the curious, I'll do the development as emms-lastfm-client.el in a
git repo accessible with:

           $ git clone http://yrk.nfshost.com/repos/emms-yrk.git