emms-help

[emms-help] problems with emms-play-directory

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: [emms-help] problems with emms-play-directory
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 07:15:34 +0900

Hello,

I am new user of emms. very happy with it so far.

I am having a problem which I don't understand at the first place.

when I add/start emms with any of emms-add/play-directory/-tree a
particular directory (in fact few of such dirs) emms failed to add the
contents of that directory properly.

*Music* buffer contents are with a "playlist:" prefix like this
,---[*Music*]
| playlist: /dump/MUSIC/Telugu/Album/MASAKA_MASAKA/mokka_joinna_thotalo.mp3
`----

error in the *Message* buffer is as follows
,----
| emms-player-start: Don't know how to play track: (*track* (type . playlist)
(name . "/dump/MUSIC/Telugu/Album/MASAKA_MASAKA/mokka_joinna_thotalo.mp3"))
`----

This happens to fewer directories where other folders are playing fine.

I even removed the spaces in the path names but with out any luck.

any ideas?

--
YYR