emms-help

Re: [emms-help] Multiple sound cards / volume change

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Multiple sound cards / volume change
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 14:24:19 -1000

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not sure why the rewrite. Why not add a configurable -c option to
> the `call-process' in `emms-volume-amixer-change'?

The issue for me was at least at first not knowing the number of the
Master card. So I added code to auto-detect this. A configurable -c
option would require, I think, advance knowledge of which card is
active, and would assume that the number never changes (hard to see why
it would without a hardware change, though).

Of course, a full rewrite isn't necessary, as you point out. I just
wanted to get it to work :)

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i