emonkey-dev

[Emonkey-dev] pilgrim

From: Morris Pollard
Subject: [Emonkey-dev] pilgrim
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:57:01 +0100

We had that discussion early on. In fact, it is not true that Richard Clarke was fired.
But we also have to look at the sort of geostrategic changes that this can bring about in the long term. We have very good relations with Brazil.
And they are as a result failing in their governance.
Given how important Pakistan is in that region, what are the thoughts of the Administration as to what is a post-Musharraf Pakistan going to look like.
Are we heading in that direction with them and, if so, what are the consequences or potential consequences? And they are as a result failing in their governance. State Department photo by Michael Gross.
And the President has a different view and I have a different view, which is that we are doing all those things about al-Qaida. In fact, it is not true that Richard Clarke was fired. You can have the technology and be integrated into the international system.
And they did that for a period of time.
And I think most people believe that India can be as a part of a broad proliferation regime actually helpful to the nonproliferation effort.
Did anybody really believe that in the midst of all of this and the UNGA and so forth and so on that we were going to get a sanctions resolution?
And I think you will see that those states will counter Iranian activities in the region and they will put money and resources into moderate forces. We went through this argument.
And I think most people believe that India can be as a part of a broad proliferation regime actually helpful to the nonproliferation effort.
But their feeling to Japan is very, very, very, deep. " The nature of diplomacy is to try without compromising the critical principles or critical strategic interests to bring others on board to your way of thinking about something.
We got drawn into World War I but nothing in the basic structure changed in Europe.
Given how important Pakistan is in that region, what are the thoughts of the Administration as to what is a post-Musharraf Pakistan going to look like. Did anybody really believe that in the midst of all of this and the UNGA and so forth and so on that we were going to get a sanctions resolution? I could probably force it.
And they are as a result failing in their governance.
I mean, you know, the movement came out of the Cold War. And yes, they will recruit. And yes, they will recruit. The situations are just simply very different. There was this stable Middle East and somehow the policies of the United States, including the decision to finally take down Saddam Hussein, have destabilized this stable Middle East.
Japan has served in Iraq.
" The nature of diplomacy is to try without compromising the critical principles or critical strategic interests to bring others on board to your way of thinking about something.
And I think the future of Pakistan, as Musharraf and his people fully understand, is to de-radicalize elements of the population that were radicalized by the Afghan experience.
I mean, you know, the movement came out of the Cold War.