emonkey-dev

[Emonkey-dev] storekeeper communique

From: Marjory Pryor
Subject: [Emonkey-dev] storekeeper communique
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:43:53 +0800

You can find hundreds of blogs that interest you and even if you limit yourself to the leading authorities in your niche areas, you may still find yourself visiting a good number of blogs.
What are your favorites?
They are often some of the most visited pages. The phrase is at the same brilliantly concise and quite vague for people who have not seen or used a news aggregator.
As a result, our bios are often out of date and don't include the most recent stuff.
How many of you have "about" pages that list your last article as being a year or two ago or have an "upcoming presentation" from six months ago? Yeah, you can use Word or anything else to do this, but the wiki gives you the sense of a living, often-revised document that is easy to change, add links and update. I'm surprised by the passivity of litigators, traditionally a group known for aggressiveness, when it comes to electronic discovery.
We all have "About" pages on our websites and blogs. I don't have to go out to each blog individually.
What if a blogger hasn't posted something new that day? " Western Wall is amazing, but from the first chord of Jerusalem you know that you are about to witness magic.
Many times, it makes me even more likely to use their professional services, but, for the for the most part, it gives me some new insights.
There was an impassioned discussion, with the overwhelming consensus that people prefer a less accurate human system than a more accurate software system. I don't have to go out to each blog individually.
Coming soon - a new public LexThink conference - watch for details. Milton Wessel was the professor and I don't know many classes that I enjoyed more.
If I were to write a book, what would you most like it to be about? There was an impassioned discussion, with the overwhelming consensus that people prefer a less accurate human system than a more accurate software system.