enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Portability issues with score files

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Portability issues with score files
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 21:19:13 +0100

Hi,

> The size specification element "l" (L) should mean an integer or
> unsigned due to my docs. But it must be wrong in case of AMD64. Does
> anybody knows how scanf is implemented for 64 bit architectures?

According to this

http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/online/7908799/xsh/fscanf.html

"l" means "unsigned long", which is a 64 bit quantity on AMD64 (whereas
"unsigned int" remains 32 bit afaik). "%4x" should work though.

The lack of static type checking is probably the #1 reason not to use
scanf :-)

The god-awful error handling would be my personal #2...

Cheers,
Daniel