enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Mac Build

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Mac Build
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 03:58:28 +1300

Ronald Lamprecht wrote, On 18/12/06 11:44 AM:
> Hi,
>
> Sidney Markowitz wrote:
>> This build crashes immediately when I try to run it on a PPC eMac
>> running 10.3.9. Earlier builds that I made did run on that machine.
>> Please try to find the reasons of the incompatibility.

I built from source on my PPC iMac and installed the resulting dmg file
on the PPC eMac that is running MacOS 10.3.9. That worked fine.

I tried installing on the eMac the latest universal dmg that Johannes
made. That crashes hard almost as soon as it starts running, same as the
previous one, and appears to run on my PPC iMac running 10.4.8, as far
as I can tell over VNC.

I don't know why that happens. Johannes, how did you make the universal
builds?

As an aside, if you use the attached patch for the bundle-dmg target in
src/Makefile the dmg file is compressed another approx 4 megabytes. it
creates the less-compressed dmg file first, then converts it to a R/W
format which eliminates unused space that has to be left in there when
creating the dmg from file directories, and finally converts it back to
R/O with maximum compression and deletes the temporary R/W version.

 -- sidney

bundle-dmg:
hdiutil create  -ov -srcfolder $(bundle_name) -volname Enigma
$(top_builddir)/etc/enigma.dmg
hdiutil convert -ov -format UDRW $(top_builddir)/etc/enigma.dmg -o
$(top_builddir)/etc/tmp.dmg
hdiutil convert -ov -format UDZO -imagekey zlib-level=9 -o
$(top_builddir)/etc/enigma.dmg $(top_builddir)/etc/tmp.dmg
rm -f $(top_builddir)/etc/tmp.dmg