enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Ru_Translation

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Ru_Translation
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:10:39 +0100

Hi,

GeD wrote:
I'm add enigma_ru.texi in tar archive to this mail. Now some words about it. When I use texi2html I have some interesting results:

1) Texi2html(my, but may be and your) don't know anything about russian language (I'm try "ru", "rus", "russian", "cyr", "cyrillic"). This problem is easy solveble by changing encoding in enigma_ru.html to "koi8-r".

The Texinfo documentation states in chapter 18.1 (@documentlanguage):
At present, this command is ignored in Info and HTML output. For TeX, it causes
the file txi-cc.tex to be read (if it exists).

Concerning the encodings Texinfo provides a command (chap 18.2 @documentencoding), but supports only US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-15, ISO-8859-2. Any attempt to declare "KOI8-R" causes errors.

It sounds like pure luck that omitting the encoding command and feeding texi2html with an "KOI8-R" encoded document produces quite usable output of "KOI8-R" encoded html.

2) Texi2html, when create .html can ignore some (near half) comments to menu items. Initialy I think that it caused by incorrect encoding (russian letter at end == empty comment), but as you may see, russian letters at end of comment are successfuly recognized. So, I don't know what is a reason for such action of program. May be we together can do something? Please reply me if you find resolution or I reply you if I find it first.

I can reproduce this truncated lines. You may try to contact the maintainers of texi2html at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/texi2html and ask them for possible solutions.

BTW your file enigma_ru.texi did show a mismatch in the line 185 "Меню Пакет уровней" and the reference in line 786 "@ref{Меню Пакетов уровней}".

Could you provide us a manual fixed html version and a pdf of the manual that we can publish on the homepage and bundle in the next Enigma release?

Thank you for Enigma developing and for new design of web site. It is realy easy to navigate with it and it has some new features, that, I think, any fan want to see :)).

Thanks

Ronald