epix-users

[ePiX-users] New unstable release (Version 1.1.6)

From: Andrew D. Hwang
Subject: [ePiX-users] New unstable release (Version 1.1.6)
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:40:27 -0400 (EDT)

DOWNLOADING

The package is linked from the "News" section on the project page:

  http://math.holycross.edu/~ahwang/software/ePiX.html#News

NOTES

This is a usable release, but not quite "stable".

Shaded surfaces can be colored with user-specified functions of position. For example, a surface can be colored by height or distance from the origin. PSTricks output is implemented, and should be used for files containing many color-filled elements.

The manual and samples have been updated. There is no longer a separate sample document; Chapter 2 of the manual contains a short tutorial with side-by-side comparisons of code and output.

Too many changes have been made to list individually. Dashed and dotted lines are *not* implemented yet. This is the last unimplemented "basic" feature (as far as I know). If you think some feature is missing, broken, or incomplete, this is a good time to tell me. :)

--

Andrew D. Hwang                 address@hidden
Department of Math and CS       http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang