equinox-general

[Equinox-general] exhort flub

From: Clem Fowler
Subject: [Equinox-general] exhort flub
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:03:41 +0200

Some thoughts on what we should be really looking for.
While Java is not necessarily the greatest language to "host" a DSL we can go a lot further than developers generally believe or care for.
First, because I was going to meet the exalted one in person. It was an interesting p.
vai Tu zini, ka Tavs konkurents to jau lieto? Besides a guaranteed top score in buzzword bingo the workshop provided a unique opportunity to connect thought leaders from academia and industry over the course of a week. Today you are not cool if you have not done a podcast.
This conference is more of an academic events when compared to some of the purely commercial conferences like JavaOne.
We recently looked at a packaged application under development and looked at criteria and options for how this application can live in an evolutionary and connected environment.
The toolkit is a lot of fun and makes for great demos, but it also triggered a bigger question.
For one thing, a fair number of my intellectual drinking buddies tend to congregate around the large software company in the Pacific Northwest.
None are EV-DO high speed data compliant or any other high end features except Bluetooth. Each of the entry-level to midrange handsets has a the ability to backup and restore contacts over the network. We recently looked at a packaged application under development and looked at criteria and options for how this application can live in an evolutionary and connected environment.
So yes, I am still promiscuous when it comes to platforms. Naturally, a lot of details are under NDA and are likely to evolve before the beta release. I took that feedback to heart and set out to develop a toolkit that demonstrates the routing and transformation patterns in our book. Ideally, the debate would involve alcoholic beverages and the other person would pick up the check. Are patterns meant to be codified as components?
Dependency Injection avoids these dependencies and therefore improves testability.