erbot-discuss

[Erbot-discuss] GPLv3 for erbot

From: Dave Goel
Subject: [Erbot-discuss] GPLv3 for erbot
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:22:32 -0400

Sorry for being out of touch, but I understand that GPLv3 is out.. and
I really like the new license :-)

I understand that we don't even need a formal vote or process to
switch - it is not a change of license or an "incompatible" switch at
all. The previous erbot license (v2 or later) allows us the choice of
distributing further under any license with is v2 or later.

In particular, we can simply choose to distribute under 'v3 or later'
from now on.  This means that we can change the license of all gplv2
files that we distribute with erbot to v3 or later, even those gplv2
that may be 3rd party 'contrib' files.  (Technically, we don't even
need permission from their authors.)

I figure we can give it some time for discussion, and then switch by
the end of August, 2007?