erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Re: Some questions on logging

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Re: Some questions on logging
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:46:46 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Michael,

> Indeed, ERC does sync the log every time a message is sent or text is
> received.
>
> I've added some new options that will do what you want.  Set them both
> to nil to get the desired behavior.
>
> (erc-log-write-after-send): New option that determines whether the
> log file will be written to after every sent message.
>
> (erc-log-write-after-insert): New option that determines whether
> the log file will be written to when new text is added to a logged
> ERC buffer.
>
> Also, you will probably want to make sure that both the
> `erc-save-buffer-on-part' and `erc-save-queries-on-quit' options are
> non-nil.

The new defaults work great. Thanks for implementing that.

Only one tiny thing: If I kill a query/channel buffer with new text, I
get this "Buffer foo contains unsaved data; really kill?" message. But
because `erc-save-buffer-in-logs' is in `erc-kill-buffer-hook' it will
be saved anyway, so the warning is not necessary and could be omitted by
calling (set-buffer-modified-p nil) beforehand. The same applies to
channels (`erc-kill-channel-hook').

Bye,
Tassilo
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.