erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Re: New erc-status branch

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Re: New erc-status branch
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:22:35 -0500

Andreas Davour <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Michael Olson wrote:
>
>> I've made a new branch called "erc-status" which has Tom Tromey's
>> erc-status.el file.  This will show a status icon in the notification
>> area of the system tray.  It requires the application of an
>> experimental RFC patch posted to emacs-devel to enable systray
>> support.
>
> What the heck is a systray?

For reference, here's the patch, which contains documentation.  This is
not its final form, as it is likely to be changed soon.

       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |
          Programmer -- Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          | |_] | \| |_|
Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS, ErBot, DVC, Planner |