erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] ERC 5.4 QA testing period

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [Erc-discuss] ERC 5.4 QA testing period
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:39:29 -0700

I think it's about time to start thinking about the release of ERC 5.4.
Let's set a goal to get the code release-ready by Oct. 26.

One additional thing I'd like to try is to encourage users and
developers to hang around the #erc channel on Freenode, and have a sort
of "QA testing" period until Oct 26, where problems can be reported by
users and worked on in (almost) real-time.  We did something like that
informally for ERC 5.3, and I was pleased with the outcome.

Here are the issues that I'm aware of which are holding back the
release.  If there are others, please follow up to this email with a
description of the problem.

 - Setting `erc-log-insert-log-on-open' to non-nil causes the entire
   contents of the log to be sent to the current channel, rather than
   just inserted into the buffer.

 - The manual could use some additional work.  Search forward for
   "@c PRE5_4" in erc.texi.

--
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |