erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Erc & Gnupg?

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Erc & Gnupg?
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:50:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I use erc and bitlbee for IMs: It works like a charm!
It seems like there are some jabber clients out there
who support gpg encryption and I was wondering if
anyone ever integrated this functionality into ERC.

Something like this:

* Setup
** BBDB
 - [X] IRC Field: Nickname of Person
 - [X] GPG Field: Client/Mail supports GPG
 - [X] ID  Field: GPG-Key ID

* Sending a line to Person A
** Press Enter
** Hook saves Message to a tmpbuffer [erc-send-pre-hook?]
** Identify Person A
*** Lookup Nick in BBDB
*** Fetch GPG-Key ID
** Encrypt tmpBuffer with GPG Key (GPG-Agent!)
** Send encrypted tmpBuffercontent instead of line

Decrypting would be done with erc-insert-pre-hook I guess.

I guess this would be possible, all with the tools emacs
already provides. Thus, I expect someone to have written
some elisp already. Whenever I thought "This would be nice!",
it has always been done already ;).

Memnon