erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Re: Freenode SASL authentication

From: Philipp Haselwarter
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Re: Freenode SASL authentication
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 20:30:44 +0100

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 13:42:34 -0600, "Erik L. Arneson"

<address@hidden
gmane.org> said:

ELA> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, Stefan Hübner wrote:
>> "Erik L. Arneson" writes:
>>> I have been thinking of trying to come up with some sort of erc-sasl
>>> implementation, unless somebody has already been working on it.
>>>
>>> Anybody?
>>
>> would be much appreciated!

ELA> Okay, I've started working on erc-sasl now.  The problem is that I
ELA> just started using ERC today, and I'm not very familiar with its
ELA> interface.  If somebody could point me to some sort of "how to
ELA> write an ERC module" document, I'd be very grateful.  SASL is
ELA> pretty simple to implement, and once I figure out which hooks and
ELA> triggers and whatnots to use, it should happen pretty fast.

---8<---[snipped 7 lines]---8<---

Hi Erik, Stefan, list,

has anything happened in this regard?
How much of the implementation have you been able to realize?

Having SASL would really be nice, right now I have to decide if I want
to run TOR on my server or use ERC for freenode; that's quite a shame.

--
Philipp Haselwarter