erp-exchange

[ERP] dressing

From: Felix Jennings
Subject: [ERP] dressing
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:23:35 -0000

MATTHEWUPON AN EVENING JESUS PASSED BY A PRISON THAT WASin the Tower of David. Think you that these men were slaves or outcasts? And in my solitude I thought of Him and I followed these two streams inHis heart.
But I admired Him as a man rather than as a leader. It is the potters hand I honor not the man who buys the ware.
And a beauty tooradiant to seem beautiful? But Rome shall lie a white skeleton in the sun. We shall pass with the flowing of the rivers, and we shall be nameless.
Could you hear in your dreams a voice shy of its own rapture?
What heart save the lotus heart shall know both earth and sky? And shall wisdom be born now, after Solomon has been gathered to hisfathers?
We would cup our ears, but we do not hear; and stretch forth ourhands, but we do not touch. Is it ever in us to forgetthe cup of hemlock, even at the theatre of Dionysus?
His voice was like a claw in our flesh, and the sound of Hisvoice is still a pain in our memory. It is the potters hand I honor not the man who buys the ware. And there was naught for me then but to walk in the sun and worship theloveliness of the hour. And I took the apple, and in my shameless hunger I ate it. Iffreedom is in thought and word and action, He was the freest of all men. He who works in the night fulfills their needs and the dew of His graceis upon their petals.
But now the voices of the people rose again, and the noise was greaterthan before. What a pity that His enemies confronted Him and forced the issue. Therefore He faded into oblivion and that is His end.
And He gave it to me saying, Eat this also. No man, no race, no empire would halt before a truth on its way towardsself-fulfilment. That evening I returned to my fathers house to get my other cloak.
Can it be that the Syrian is conquering us in the quiet hours of thenight?
And we know what the weedwould say of the oak tree and the cedar. The first servant said, Behold, Master, I have bought and sold, and Ihave gained.
It behooves themgladly to pay that dole to enter into that city.
Aye, He could have said, Go back to your kin.
His fragrance called me and commanded me, but only to release me.
Would that you could be free in my freedom and walk with me and mycomrades. Of a sudden He tarried and laid His cheek against the stones of theprison wall.
And this alone of all that He said was unseemly, inasmuch as only Romehad conquered the world. And in so doing His spirit changed these minds and these spirits. She knew of my laughter, though it was hidden. And He would not return the salutation of those who hailed Him, as thoughHe were above us.
And I asked Him again, Have you not said that you are the King of theJews? He would not accompany our sons and daughters on their holidays.
But Heknew the passing of the seasons, and He would sing His song.