erp5-zsql

[Erp5-zsql] [Fwd: ZSQLCatalog help]

From: Chris Ottrey
Subject: [Erp5-zsql] [Fwd: ZSQLCatalog help]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:04:26 +1000

...trying to get past your spam filter
--- Begin Message --- Subject: ZSQLCatalog help Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:46:13 +1000 User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
Hi,

I'm intersted in using your ZSQLCatalog product, perhaps modifying it
to make it more general, but I'm having some trouble figuring out how to
get it to work.

I read:

  http://www.erp5.org/workspaces/project/zsqlcatalog/INSTALL.txt/view

But I didn't want to use any CMF or ERP5 stuff.
I was wondering if you had some instructions for using just the ZSQLCatalog on its own?

I next had a look at the code:

INSTALL.txt (that refers to version 0.1) says to download and import the
tempo demo file:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/nexedi/ZSQLCatalog/tempo.zexp

which BTW is actually,

  http://www.zope.org/Members/nexedi/ZSQLCatalog/0.1/tempo.zexp

  (... which imports, but creates a broken product.)

I was wandering if you have a more recent version of that demo file (for
version 0.9), or perhaps some more detailed instructions of how to setup
a catalog (ie. without CMF or ERP5).

eg.
  - add a database adapter product (eg. MySQLDA) to Zope
  - create the necessary tables in the database (schema?)
in the ZMI:
  - add and configure a Z MySQL Database Connection
  - add a ZSQLCatalog
  - (... now I'm lost :-/)

Cheers.

Chris.