erptravel-announce

[Erptravel-announce] sheath handbook

From: Janet Dejesus
Subject: [Erptravel-announce] sheath handbook
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:23:34 -0000

My partner does the spreadsheets. Tried it in Writely just for fun with a similar result. If the primary server experiences a hardware or software failure, the secondary server assumes its IP address and hostname and resumes operation. Today required a visit to Manhattan to finish a requirements meeting.
Users connecting via MAPI or the Outlook Web Access client may need to restart the client to connect to the backup server. Hotmail is practically the same as Yahoo, save for the syncing.
Both of these are highly capable browser-based e-mail clients, but they are primarily designed to run with their own e-mail servers.
When that doc got zapped back to me by my partner, it was a Johnny Walker moment. But afterward, I had to wait a couple of hours before my dinner date, so I headed over to Bryant Park and its free Wi-Fi connection. Heck, Office and SharePoint have been catching up to wikis, blogs, and message boards for some time. But mail volume is still an issue as it will be for all these freebie Web clients.
No trace of Redmond productivity software aside from what normally ships with Windows XP.
That was no trouble because the office had guest Internet access and a steady Wi-Fi connection. Your preferences may vary.
Adding text is a two-step process, as well, instead of the simple click-and-type procedure in PowerPoint. Unless you already have an investment in other Neverfail clustering technologies, LifeKeeper is a better deal. Zoho was a close second because its e-mail client is part of its collaboration suite. So why not use native clustering? If a primary Exchange server fails, or its database is corrupted, the designated accounts can access the backup server instead. And both offer direct blogging tools, where you can create your blog posts with these slightly richer tools, rather than more Spartan text toolkits you get from Blogger or WordPress.
You will need to create service accounts, as with the other solutions, but the documentation steps you through the process. The interruption to handling incoming mail or client requests is minimal, amounting to the time it takes for Exchange services to come up when you boot a server.
And I did learn something: A week can be an awfully long time. Locally installed applications are simply more reliable and feature-rich.
If any of the nodes fails or is brought down for maintenance, the Exchange server is simply moved to one of the other nodes in the cluster. Zoho was a close second because its e-mail client is part of its collaboration suite.
Surprising, how much you miss those.
Unfortunately, none of the three could handle that.
The iRows toolbar and menu system had no support for creating formulas.
If any of the nodes fails or is brought down for maintenance, the Exchange server is simply moved to one of the other nodes in the cluster.
Maybe even on an enterprise scale.
That meant nonstandard margins, different style headings, and loads of tables. But afterward, I had to wait a couple of hours before my dinner date, so I headed over to Bryant Park and its free Wi-Fi connection. Every safeguard helps.
In addition, LifeKeeper supports shared storage between the primary and secondary servers, which can speed up the fail-over process.
Man, nothing makes your blood pressure go up quicker than trying to do work on the Web while on a public Wi-Fi connection that drops you more often than a Hollywood wife.
Are the applications worth the trouble?
Unless you already have an investment in other Neverfail clustering technologies, LifeKeeper is a better deal.