erw-devel

Re: [Erw-devel] new hook ideas & list customisation

From: erw-devel
Subject: Re: [Erw-devel] new hook ideas & list customisation
Date: 05 Sep 2003 15:29:56 +0200

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 05:29, address@hidden wrote:

> Some reasons for suggesting the above features are:
> - setting initial focus to particular elements such as
> document.form.l_name:0.focus()
> - a concept of dynamically enabling and disabling the form elements of entity
> attributes or relations depending on data in another attribute, or even in an
> attribute via a relation. This could be very powerfull.

Yes, I agree. Yet my fear is always that of creating dangerous JS code
(ERW is already a LOT complex without that). But it's clear that at some
point that is the way to go.

> emphasis of the page was on searching for entities. Whilst we dont have list
> customisation

...but you'll have soon 8^)...

> need to be re-customised with installation of each release of ERW.  An
> alternative method could be if there was a facility to set the tabindex of
> elements so the initial focus could be set to the first filter input control.

This is a VERY good idea. I implemented it in 5 minutes, and it solves a
lot of problems by leveraging existing standards. Good idea! Coupled
with filter customisation this should solve your problems.

I have a tabindex also for lists, but I do not know if it is very
sensible. It could be assigned, say, to the first filter input of the
list. Suggestions?

Ciao,

                                        seba