erw-devel

[Erw-devel] Apple upgrades Java, but still no dice

From: erw-devel
Subject: [Erw-devel] Apple upgrades Java, but still no dice
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:58:53 +0900

Just installed Java 1.4.1 (which was supposedly already present, but there was a new download today for it from Apple), and Safari still doesn't play. Bleh.

I did have a random thought, however -- could it possibly be related to ordering of pieces in the html/javascript? The body has an "onload" tag to call the RPC() function, which occurs inside the body. Maybe if it's present before the body tag is handled it would work? In other words, maybe moving commonjs.php's inclusion to the head, instead of the body, might make it work. I'll try it out, if I get a chance -- though some initial kludges to move ERW::printCommonJS() and ERW::printFormJS() to the head didn't work -- and in fact broke Mozilla.

Larry Stanbery, RHCE
GPG Key ID: 2CEFA662