espressomd-devel

RE: [ESPResSo-devel] "Responsible"

From: Limbach, Hans Joerg, LAUSANNE, NRC-FS
Subject: RE: [ESPResSo-devel] "Responsible"
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:05:35 +0200

I disagree. Even though the wording 'responsible' is not useful anymore it
still tells us who was mainly involved in the development of this part and who
we might ask when we do not understand something anymore.

I also think that having responsible people for certain modules is still
useful. We used to have the internal rule that changes are not made without a
discussion with the responsible person (who in ideality has an overview on the
implications of changes). I rather would like to have this updated! E.g. I
think that today Torsten probably knows more about the FFT than I do.

Hanjo