espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] A bug in Espresso

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] A bug in Espresso
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:57:22 +0200

Hi!

There was a small change in Espresso 3.0.2-> 3.1.0. In the older version,
lattice grid points were located at integer positions, now they are shifted by
half a grid spacing. This has big advantages with the parallelization, e.g.
the "cellsystem domain_decomposition -no_verlet_list" no longer required.
However, because of this, your imposed flow is now half a lattice spacing off
compared to the old code.

Unfortunately, we forgot to put that into the NEWS /CHANGES file.

Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold
ICP, Universität Stuttgart