espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Why can you set f?

From: Joost de Graaf
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Why can you set f?
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:41:36 +0100

Dear All,

I don't see any problem with the ability to set the forces/torques,
but the text in the UG should be a little bit more specific about the
way they are treated. Right now it is a straight copy paste of the
text for the velocities and you can set initial velocities, which the
algorithm acts on! This is why the 'problem' came up, since I naively
assumed that I could set an initial force and that this would then
result in a velocity in the next time step. If there's no objection,
I'll add a few lines to clarify the use.

KR, Joost