espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] Issue with installing on MacOS X

From: Sebastian Bindgen
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] Issue with installing on MacOS X
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 21:05:02 +0200

Dear Espresso-Users,

my name is Sebastian Bindgen and I’m about to start my Master Thesis using Espresso.

I’m facing a problem concerning the installation of Espresso. During my Master Thesis I’ll work on a MacBookPro with XCode installed (every other Software can be installed by myself as well). Until now I had Espresso run on a virtual openSUSE machine. Installation for Espresso worked but i couldn’t get VMD / VTK to run.

Now I’m trying to install the Software directly on MacOS and got the exact opposite result: The Virtualisation-Software works but I can’t install Espresso. I have to admit I’m not very familiar with the command line (It took me two evenings to install Espresso on the virtual openSUSE), but in the meantime I know the basic commands.

The ./configure script runs fine and also FFTW is recognized. The output of the command line can be seen below. I also tried to use it with sudo, but there was no effect.

In the Mail-Archive I saw, that some users already installed Espresso on MacOS. I want to ask, if you’re willing to help me with installation or at least give me some hints, what I have to do. What software, I have to install to get it running.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Sebastian Bindgen

Making all in config
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in src
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in core
  GEN      myconfig-final.hpp <= ./myconfig-default.hpp
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-am
  GEN      myconfig-final.hpp <= ./myconfig-default.hpp
  GEN      config-version.cpp
Making all in tcl
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in python/espressomd
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-am
  GEN      python-all
  CYTHON   System.cpp
/bin/sh: cython: command not found
make[4]: *** [System.cpp] Error 127