espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] incorrect velocity scaling for slip lbboundary

From: Ivan Cimrak
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] incorrect velocity scaling for slip lbboundary
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 09:56:03 +0100

Hey guys,

Is it possible to have incorrect velocity scaling for slip boundary conditions? I took an example script (attached) from section "10.10. Setting up boundary conditions" from ESPResSo online documentation:

http://espressomd.org/html/doc/lb.html

I added the printing of the velocity near the right slip wall and after reaching steady state it shows almost 100 times larger velocity as it is supposed to be (0.941 or so instead of 0.01). This behaviour is linked with lb timestep which was 0.01. Increasing to timestep=0.1 gives only 10times higher velocity.

Could you comment on this?

Many thanks,

Ivan