[ESPResSo] compilation on AIX

From: Xinghua Shi
Subject: [ESPResSo] compilation on AIX
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:19:26 -0500

Hi guys,

following the steps listed in
http://fias.uni-frankfurt.de/pipermail/espresso/2007-September/000048.html
I tried to compile Espresso on AIX system and encounted such problem:

./configure CFLAGS="-q64"
CPPFLAGS="-I/Home5/hpc/hpc0611/code/tcl/include
-I/Home5/hpc/hpc0611/code/fftw3-64/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/Home5/hpc/hpc0611/code/tcl/lib
-L/Home5/hpc/hpc0611/code/fftw3-64/lib" --host=Pwoer5mpi-ibm-aix
CC=mpCC

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... Power5-ibm-aix5.2
checking host system type... Pwoer5mpi-ibm-aix
checking target system type... Pwoer5mpi-ibm-aix
checking whether configure is running in the source directory... yes
configure: Running configure in obj-Power5-ibm-aix5.2
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... Power5-ibm-aix5.2
checking host system type... Pwoer5mpi-ibm-aix
checking target system type... Pwoer5mpi-ibm-aix
checking whether configure is running in the source directory... no
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for Pwoer5mpi-ibm-aix-strip... no
checking for strip... strip
*                   Check the compiler and MPI                 *
checking for Pwoer5mpi-ibm-aix-gcc... mpCC
checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether mpCC accepts -g... yes
checking for mpCC option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking dependency style of mpCC... aix
checking whether mpCC and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking whether the mpCC command works out of the box for MPI... yes
checking for poe... /usr/bin/poe
checking how to inline functions... static inline
checking the compiler type... unknown
checking whether the compiler accepts -O2... yes
*                   Check for headers and libraries            *
checking for libtcl8.5... no
checking for libtcl8.4... no
checking for libtcl8.3... no
checking for libtcl8.2... no
checking for libtcl... no
configure: error: Tcl library not found!

It seems that the library of tcl cann't be found. However I did link
the library files in the above "configure" command. And I did install
the tcl8.4 in the directory
/Home5/hpc/hpc0611/code/tcl
Does anyone here has some idea? I'm really appreciateyour help!

Xinghua