Re: [ESPResSo] Trouble in Installing Espresso

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] Trouble in Installing Espresso
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:00:04 +0100

Hello,
And thanks for the prompt reply.
For my desktop, the same command which gets the job done on my laptop, i.e.:

$ /home/iselllo/internet_downloads/espresso-2.0.5e/configure
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tcl8.4

leads exactly to the the same output error I posted:

*                   Check for headers and libraries            *
checking for libtcl8.5... no
checking for libtcl8.4... no
checking for libtcl8.3... no
checking for libtcl8.2... no
checking for libtcl... no
configure-ac: error: Tcl library not found!

Do you know the path I should give for libtcl on Debian?
On my laptop (running the same operating system), I cannot configure
espresso simply using ./configure, but then the script is at least
able to find the tcl library (but not the headers).
In fact on my laptop the output of ./configure is:

*                   Check for headers and libraries            *
checking for libtcl8.5... no
checking for libtcl8.4... yes
checking for tcl.h... no
configure-ac: error: TCL headers not found. Please add the include
path to CPPFLAGS
 (e.g. configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tcl8.4).

And if I follow the suggestion and add the CPPFLAGS bit, everything goes fine.
Do you have a clue at what is going on?
Many thanks

Lorenzo