Re: [ESPResSo] Parallel tempering script

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] Parallel tempering script
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:04:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Di, Juni 10, 2008 22:14, Tristan Bereau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The parallel tempering script is not sourced in the scripts/init.tcl
> file. I wanted to know whether there is a reason behind this. If this
> should be fixed, I'll update the CVS.

Hi,

the reason is quite simple: parallel tempering is quite a bit of script
code, and I don't see why everybody should load that first before running
_any_ simulation. In the documentation it is explicitely stated that you
need to load it first, so it shouldn't cause confusion. The question is
therefore rather, wether it is necessary to load all the other scripts,
e.g. polymer.tcl and convertDeserno.tcl. The polymer.tcl commands are not
even documented...

Axel