Re: [ESPResSo] Bug in tab.h?

From: Mehmet Sayar
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] Bug in tab.h?
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:24:10 +0300

Hi Axel, Salvador, and Zunjing,

I also agree with Zunjing that there is a bug in tabulated bonded potential.

According to the documentation the tabulated potential file should contain:
r, -(dV/dr)/r, and V. And this format is the same for both tabulated bonded and tabulated nonbonded potentials.

Assuming that we stick with this convention, I fixed the tabulated bonded
potential:
        1) On line 546 it should read
                force[i] = fac*dx[i]

        2) On line 543 it should read
                fac = bonded_tab_force_lookup(dist, iaparams);

The first bug was already mentioned by Zunjing. The second bug is related to the definition of the tabulated force file. The force is already divided by "r" in the file. So there is no need to rescale it in tab.h

I committed the above changes to the cvs.

Greetings from Istanbul,

Mehmet