Re: [ESPResSo] PSAW

From: Mikheil Azatov
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] PSAW
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:17:59 -0400

Hi,

I followed the code of polymerC somewhere up to the line 580(i'm looking at the 2.2.0b version). If angle is specified I see that the new positions are found and stored in "pos" at line 550.  As I understood at this point of the code the new positions found are correct.  After that there is  a part of the code where the positions are found if the angle was not specified. Next there are checks to find find if any of the constraints or overalaps are violated. Now if they are violated the code tries to find the new positions. So as I understand because variable "pos" is already changed the vector b at line 550 will be added to "pos" again and again in the next steps of the loop. And that's why it would get overstretched. is it the right understanding of the error?

I fit is, the way to fix it would be to subtract b again. I'm thinking line 577 after "break" in the same "if" but i'm not sure because I haven't figured out that part of the code well.

Please let me know if I'm correct:)

Thanks for your help,
Mikheil Azatov