[ESPResSo-users] How to run a job in a loop?

From: masoomeh gh
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] How to run a job in a loop?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:33:03 +0200

Hi,

I am a beginner with QE and to learn it, I am trying to run a few examples in QE. I am currently writing a job script (in .xrsl format) to submit a test to a grid to run it (this also is part of a grid computing course). For the job description, I would like to expand an example as the following:

 &control

    calculation = 'scf'

    restart_mode='from_scratch'

    prefix='diamond'

    tstress = .true.

    tprnfor = .true.

    outdir = '/home/espresso5.0.2/tmp'

    pseudo_dir = '/home/espresso5.0.2/psudo'

 /

 &system

    ibrav=  2, celldm(1) =6.6, nat=  2, ntyp= 1

    ecutwfc =40

 /

 &electrons

    diagonalization='david'

    mixing_mode = 'plain'

    mixing_beta = 0.7

    conv_thr =  1.0d-8

 /

 ATOMIC_SPECIES

  C  12.011  C.pz-vbc.UPF

 ATOMIC_POSITIONS

  C 0.00 0.00 0.00

  C 0.25 0.25 0.25

 K_POINTS {automatic}

    4 4 4 0 0 0

in a loop to be able to change the highlighted fields (ecutwfc, celldm and k). I would like to use for example a loop like to run this example to calculate etot for cutoffs: 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100

Now, my question is this: can anyone let me know if there is any user guide for writing such scripts or any other way to approach the solution?

I have to mention that I am able to run this example for only one value of ecutwfc as it is in the input file as above but I want to be able to do this calculation for a range of ecutoffs (or even cell dimensions and k-points) in a loop when I submit it to the grid.

Best regards,

Masoomeh Ghasemi