Re: [ESPResSo-users] statistics & GPU

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] statistics & GPU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:38:42 +0200

Hi Marcello,
I have written something that is actually much nicer:
The observable lb_velocity_profile works on the GPU and is now on my
github repos. It will interpolate the velocities and you can use other
observables to average. You can independently select the number of
xbins/ybins/zbins (1 is fine) and restrict to a certain region in space.
It can write vtk output or a (more or less) gnuplot-readable output.
Same also for cylinder coordinates, that is calles lb_radial_velocity
profile.

set vtklb [ observable new lb_velocity_profile xbins $xbinslb ybins
$ybinslb zbins $zbinslb ]
set vtklb_av [ observable new average $vtklb ]
observable $vtklb_av autoupdate 1
integrate 100
observable $vtklb_av print write_vtk "lb.vtk"

It should trivially merge with Olaf's recent changes.
So far this thing does not speak SHANCHEN, but we might be able to teach
it easily, as we only have to change the velocity interpolation.
Cheers
Stefan