Re: [ESPResSo-users] minimum number of cells

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] minimum number of cells
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 23:26:15 +0200

On 18.07.14 23:08, Xikai Jiang wrote:
No, I set a skin of 0.1.

I think I found the problem. The max_range is 3.4, while when I use 16 cores, node_grid is 4 2 2, so on one box size it's 20/4=5 < 2*3.4, which cause the problem.

Ah, true, I also oversaw that 16 cores is already 2^4, not 2^3 :-). So, reduce the number of cores to 12, and everything should be fine. Or just run two simulations of 8 cores on a 16 core node.

Best regards,
Axel