[ESPResSo-users] Calibration of friction/mass

From: Holst, Lena
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Calibration of friction/mass
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 15:29:08 +0000

Hello,

I like to simulate a round object in a fluid.

Now, I try to calibrate the relation mass/friction.

I have a fixed mass of 15.004 and change the friction.

The Reynoldsnumber has a value of 0,0579 and the timesteps are 0,05us.

The problem is, that the velocity does not shows an exponent trend at the second timestep, the value is too big. For better understanding there is a picture in the appendix.

The blue line is the computed trend, the red and green simulated trends.

I have try the same at a mass of 1 and a friction of 11, there I have the same problem.

Could you help me?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Lena Holst

Fraunhofer ICT-IMM

Gruppe Modellierung / Modeling Group

Abteilung Zukunftstechnologien / Future Technologies Department

Carl-Zeiss-Straße 18-20, 55129 Mainz, Germany

Phone +49 6131 990-396 / Fax +49 6131 990-205 / Mobile +49 1577-5327027

address@hidden / www.imm.fraunhofer.de