[ESPResSo-users] Issue with installing on MacOS X

From: Sebastian Bindgen
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Issue with installing on MacOS X
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 19:52:30 +0200

Dear Espresso-Users,

my name is Sebastian Bindgen and I’m about to start my Master Thesis using
Espresso.

I’m facing a problem concerning the installation of Espresso. During my Master
Thesis I’ll work on a MacBookPro with XCode installed (every other Software can
be installed by myself as well). Until now I had Espresso run on a virtual
openSUSE machine. Installation for Espresso worked but i couldn’t get VMD / VTK
to run.

Now I’m trying to install the Software directly on MacOS and got the exact
opposite result: The Virtualisation-Software works but I can’t install
Espresso. I have to admit I’m not very familiar with the command line (It took
me two evenings to install Espresso on the virtual openSUSE), but in the
meantime I know the basic commands. And I’m willing to learn more.

In the Mail-Archive I saw, that some users already installed Espresso on MacOS.
I want to ask, if you’re willing to help me with installation or at least give
me some hints, what I have to do. What software, I have to install to get it
running.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Sebastian Bindgen