fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Re: module -> package

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Re: module -> package
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 23:31:08 +0100

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Niklas Lindström <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> this looks great! Do you plan to merge this soon? I've tried it out
> with my current deployment files. There were some issues which I've
> fixed in my tracking branch at
> <http://github.com/niklasl/fabric/tree/as-package>.

Excellent!

I have merged this with some additional modifications of my own, and
pushed. I also think I found and fixed a threading problem.

> I did this quickly to fix apparent import problems and references to
> fab (where the old ENV was used) where it *seemed* proper. But e.g.
> passing fab to HostConnection and start_outputter might not be how you
> intend this to be coupled?

I didn't like this part, so i modified it to pass `fab.env` in as a
`global_env` parameter instead.

> (Also ENV is still mentioned in two places
> in the docs which I didn't reformulate).

I found one of these. Chances are, that if its in "user facing"
documentation then what is really meant is `config`.

> Anyway, thanks for the progress!
>
> (I'm sorry I just disappeared after my initial activity; been quite swamped.)

I was wondering about that.

> ----
>
> Oh, btw; it seems while prompting for a password, Fabric CPU usage
> goes up to around 100%. I saw this earlier too, so I think it's an old
> issue. Has anyone else seen this?

I have not noticed this, but I found some other strange things; it
seemed that when the outputter-threads never detected when their
channels got closed, so they might have been spinning in tight
loops... or blocked on a read (I never found out which).