fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] using value of env.host

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] using value of env.host
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 09:32:10 -0400

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Simon Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> But since env.host (or env.hosts) are gone (taken out when
> parse_arguments is called, right?), I don't know how to get at
> env.host (or its equivalent)

Have you actually tried out your code? It should work fine! :)

The deal with hosts being "taken out" is simply that it is taken out
*of the arguments passed to your function*, but it's still used by
Fabric, and Fabric always puts the current host into env.host (and
env.host_string; the new docs I'm almost done writing have all the env
vars spelled out clearly :D)

So the code you posted ought to work pretty well. If it's not, let me
know exactly what's breaking and I can try to help out.

Best,
Jeff